The Tower Garden (not to be confused with the Garden Tower) is a vertical garden that uses a 5' tall aeroponic system to grow up to 20 plants in less time than it takes in soil.
On the What Can I Grow section of their website, they list fruits and vegetables like Peas, Cucumbers, Lettuce, Squash, Strawberries, and Tomatoes; Herbs like Basil, Cilatntro, Oregano, Lemon Grass, and many types of flowers.
Tower Garden uses a system called Aeroponics to grow plants. On the How Aeroponics Works section of their website:
"Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil. It uses both water and air to produce more colorful, better tasting, better smelling, and incredibly nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Aeroponics is a technological leap forward from traditional hydroponics. Aeroponics is sometimes considered a type of hydroponics, as it does use water to transmit nutrients to plants and thus requires no soil. Technically, however, true hydroponics uses water as the growing medium; aeroponics has no growing medium.
Tower Garden has a 20 gallon reservoir or storage tank at its base. This reservoir stores the Tower Tonic® nutrient solution (Tower Tonic® combined with water). Inside the reservoir is a small, low wattage submersible pump. The pump pushes the nutrient solution up through a small central hose, all the way to the top of your Tower Garden.
From there, the nutrient solution drips through the central “tower” of the Tower Garden using a special device that evenly cascades the nutrient solution over the plant roots that are exposed there. On the journey down the tower, the nutrient solution feeds the plants’ roots and becomes highly oxygenated as gravity tumbles it back down to the reservoir.
This process is continually repeated—providing fresh oxygen, water, and nutrients to the roots of the plants.
Because of this process, the food crops in Tower Garden will grow faster than they would in soil, and will need to be harvested on a more regular basis."
- Soil-free system means there is no weeding, tilling, kneeling, or getting dirty
- No gardening experience is necessary
- Fits easily on urban patios, decks, porches, balconies, terraces, or rooftop gardens
- Grows many fruits and almost any vegetable, herb, or flower
- Purchase an extension kit and grow up to 28 plants in one Tower
- Uses as little as 10% of traditional growing nutrients & water
- Can produce crops in less time than it takes to grow in soil
- Made from USDA-approved, UV-stabilized, food-grade plastic
The complete growing sytem includes:
- Tower Garden vertical aeroponic garden
- Seeds for growing gourmet lettuce, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, basil, and cucumber
- Seed starter enviro-dome
- 20 rock wool seed starter cubes and net pots
- Pump, timer and drain tube
- Tower Tonic Mineral Blend plant food (1 qt each)
- pH test kit and 1 bottle each of pH+ and pH-
- Measuring cup