This programmable outlet thermostat is great for those who heat or cool with portable heater or window AC units that lack a thermostat on them. This device will turn off power to the units when desired temperature is reached in the room.
From the Amazon product page:
"Designed for use with space heaters and air conditioners that automatically restart after power reconnection, the Lux WIN100 5-2 Day Heating and Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat offers the comfort, convenience, and energy saving benefits of full programmability. To use, just plug the WIN100 into an outlet, plug your portable heating or cooling unit into the thermostat, and you're ready to go.
Create Different Programs for Weekdays and Weekends
The WIN100 allows you to enjoy the benefits of a programmable thermostat for your heating or cooling unit. This model offers the convenience of 5-2 day programming so you can create different programs for weekdays and weekends.
The WIN100 also boasts a positive on/off switch, and a heat/cool switch that allows the use of this product for two seasons: summer and winter.
Offering straight-forward operation, the WIN100 has a patented Lux Speed Dial for easy programming, a positive on/off switch for streamlined operation, and battery-free memory storage.
For added convenience, this ETL-approved thermostat can be programmed before it's plugged into the wall. Once programmed, it operates off of a standard 120-volt wall outlet (with ground), and it comes with two 1.5-volt G13 alkaline button cell batteries for the clock.
Save Money and the Environment
Like all programmable thermostats, the WIN100 helps reduce energy consumption, but this efficient device takes savings a step further. To maximize your home's energy efficiency, the WIN100 comes preprogrammed with default heating and cooling schedules that are designed to save up to 33% on energy costs over a year and also help cut down on your carbon footprint. Because the WIN100 is 100% mercury free, you can be sure it's a safe and environmentally conscious choice for your home."
From the Lux Win100 website:
"For use on:
- Window Air Conditioners – 120 VAC, 15 Amp Plug
- Electric Space Heaters – 120 VAC, 15 Amp Plug
- All Mechancially Controlled Air Conditioners and Space Heaters.
- Electronically Controlled Air Conditioners That Have Automatic Restart of Cooling After Power Resumption.* *Electronically controlled units can usually be identified by their digital readout. To learn whether a particular model offers automatic restart of cooling or heating after power resumption, refer to their manual or manufacturer.
Not for use on :
- Conventional 24VAC Heating and Cooling Systems
- Electronically Controlled Space Heaters